Sunday, May 8, 2011

Grateful for Friends

Gooood Eeeeevening!
It's exciting to report on another chapter in the life of Tim. I have concluded that life is, in fact, a roller coaster. To give you an idea of how I feel life being a roller coaster, I'll share my last roller coaster experience. :) In 2008, I had the pleasure of going to Six Flags over Texas and went on the Texas Giant, one of the world's largest wooden roller coasters. It was FUN, but after I got off, I was sooo sore from the moderately violent turns. So I am kind of feeling the same things about life in general these days.

To be completely honest, I have just been feeling lonely lately. I have been feeling stressed about some things and am just tired. I would love to take some time off in a very beautiful place, Hawaii is sounding really nice right now! Maybe I could talk Jeremy V. into putting me up (and putting up with me) for a few days!

So there's actually not too much to report at the moment, but I am excited to get some good time with friends this week. I am realizing I need people that are more my age in my life. Don't get me wrong, I love my singles ministry, but I need a balance of singles and age-similarity... Moving in the right direction!

I am also very excited about the singles conference in a few weeks. I really am looking forward to catching up with all my old friends! I'm looking forward to driving over with a good friend from Missoula.

It's also been fun and encouraging to do some work on my house. Now that I have no roommates left, I have been cleaning, organizing and throwing stuff out. I still have too much junk in my house, but it's definitely getting better... I can't wait to do some real renovating this spring/summer. New front steps on the house, tearing out everything and rewiring the dining room and maybe some other stuff too. I still need to work in the garden, but it's just been too cold lately. I hope some time this week I can get out there and plant some stuff!

Well, it's much shorter than usual tonight, but hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll have lots to update: the wedding, the conference, etc. So for now, thanks for checking up on me and I'll talk to you again soon. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment