Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Roller Coaster Ride Continues

I love being a disciple!  God does not let me just go through my life unaffected by circumstances, nor does he sit back idly and let me get comfortable.  He is actively working in my life and my heart to make me the man he wants to be... hopefully more and more like his son every day.  (I still have a LOOOONG way to go, just in case you were wondering!)  LOL!

The reason I started this post out the way I did is simple.  A few days ago, I thought I had a few things figured out.  Well, that's not so much the case.  LOL!!!  God has such a great sense of humor!  I still stand by my last post, however, it has come to my attention through the help of a friend, that selling my house may not be the best situation for me right now.  Come to find out, the costs of selling my house are considerably more than I had anticipated, which means the sale of the house would most certainly mean losing thousands and thousands of dollars, which would leave me having even more debt....  So I am getting some advice as to whether I should scrap the idea altogether now and wait for a more opportune time.  Either way, I need to make the decision VERY soon as finances continue to be a challenge.

I have been starting to immerse myself in things German.  At work we often have time between phone calls to do some surfing on the internet, which management has ok'd.  As long as it's appropriate and the websites have been approved.  So I have been reading articles in German and just looking around on msn.de.  It's been so much fun!  I'm getting very excited about my dream!!!  At the same time, I also understand that Germany is not the same place I left so many years ago. I am not wanting to go to Germany because I think it will be easy or fun (although I do hope it's LOTS of fun), I'm going because I want to be used by God there, in whatever ways possible.  And I'm hoping that it will help me to rely on God more than I ever have before. It's scary, but at the same time, it's very exciting!

I've also been very encouraged by my new bible talk.  I'm very inspired by the Baldwins, their love for God and others, their integrity and convictions.  I'm excited to learn more and be more in and for the group.  I really want to become a better disciple and I really want to be used for God's Kingdom, prayerfully one day even in a ministry capacity.  Help me, God!  Please pray for me to wrap things up here, to sell my cars, and liquidate the vast majority of my possessions.  I would also like prayers for a job opportunity in Berlin.  I'm hoping to begin working for a hotel or other internaitonal situation where I could use my language and service skills.

Thank you everyone for your support and love.  I really would appreciate your prayers for God to make his will obvious. Look forward to adding more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment