Thursday, July 4, 2013

Trial work day

For those of you not on facebook, the trial work day went well.  I enjoyed the job immensely, but it was very quiet most of the day.  It was fun when the groups arrived at the hotel, at least I had something to keep me busy.  There is one more person who will do a trial work day on Monday, and I was told that I should hear back from them on Tuesday as to their decision.  In the meantime, I'm pretty physically tired, but very encouraged from the day!  The manager said he thought I was very good with the guests and very nice and didn't have anything negative to say, other than he said it was apparent that I hadn't done front desk before (which didn't sound too negative coming from him.)  He said I asked good questions, too.

So, I got on the train coming home and got to talking with a guy on there who had a really sweet orange bike with purple rims (you had to see it, it was nice, I promise) and he was a really cool guy.  We talked about going for a bike ride sometime and so we exchanged numbers.  I am very encouraged to meet new people here, and not just people in the church (who are AWESOME, by the way).  But I've been praying just to build new friendships, so I'm super encouraged. His name is Kevin (By the way, I have never known any Germans named Kevin, now I know two. When did Kevin become a German name?)

So Monday, I have to go to the office that deals with us foreigners and try to request an extension on my 90 day "visa".  Please pray for me to get at least a short extension (a month would be nice).  Thanks everyone for your support and prayers, I'm very grateful for all of you.

On that note, I'm pretty wiped out physically and am going to chill out for the night.  Happy 4th everyone, enjoy, stay safe and make sure to wear lots of sunscreen!  Bye for now from the land of beer and bratwurst. There are certainly worse things than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment