Monday, August 14, 2017

Smokey Seattle, Smokey Spokane, Dusty Tim, but PROGRESS!

Hey everyone!
Well the last two weeks have truly been a whirlwind of activity: traveling, planning, spending money, cleaning, and breathing in lots and lots and lots of smoke!  I'll get to that in a minute....

I mentioned in my last post that I decided a couple of months ago to sell my house in Spokane and get rid of all the stuff that is holding me back from living the life I really dream of.  So two weeks ago I began to plan in earnest my cleanup of the property and clean-out of my storage.

For the first time I can ever recall in a total of 15 years of living in the Seattle area, we had a really terrible smoke problem.  The smoke was coming from forest fires in Canada, hundreds of miles away!  It hung around for a few days and it was very depressing and unpleasant.  I was hoping when I left on Friday afternoon (Aug. 4) that it would get better by the time I got to Spokane.

Unfortunately I was incorrect....

In fact, the smoke kept up from Seattle, all the way across the state, almost 300 miles (500 km!).  It was also 95 F (36 C) for pretty much the whole weekend.  It was hot, dry, dusty AND very smokey!!  But despite being unpleasant, it was a productive weekend!  I didn't get everything done that I needed, but now I have a good idea of what I do need to do.  Still a lot to do, but I'm just praying for God to intervene to make it a bit more do-able.

Same Picture of Spokane: day I arrived (Aug 4th) and Aug. 13
Photo by Young Kwak


Unbelievably, by Monday (the hottest day of the weekend: 97F/37C), I was actually starting to get used to it a bit.  Maybe it was the fan that I brought to keep me cooler in the garage, but I did much better!  I cleaned up the yard, garage and loaded up the car to head back to Seattle.

As I did not have any extra vacation time to burn, my managers very generously allowed me to work 4 - 10 hour shifts Tuesday through Friday last week.  Let's just say God helped me get through the planning phase, work phase, and the long hours for the rest of the week in good condition!  Super grateful for that grace! However, when I got home on Friday night, my body was done, exhausted!

So after about 10 days of what seemed like constant activity, my body just kind of shut down.  I guess I needed some rest!  But Saturday came and I was back to my busy self again....

Even more amazingly, that weekend really helped me to have so much more energy.  Since Saturday I have just been working diligently on organizing, getting rid of stuff and just generally getting my act together.  I am very much making up for a lot of lost time in the past 9 months or so when I was too exhausted to do much of anything.  It still takes a bit of motivation, but when I get started, I do pretty well.  Thank you God!

Another funny thing has happened lately.  I updated my resume and put one of the places I was looking for work was London, but I was still listed as being in Seattle.  So I have been getting a TON of solicitations for work in Seattle.  I finally stopped answering them because there are just too many to respond to.  I love my job here, so I am not ready to make a move here....  So, I put myself in London on career websites.  Hopefully that will take care of all the solicitations (except the ones I am looking for)!

Well, that is about it for now.  Still so much to do in preparation for selling the house, please send prayers and good thoughts for the sale of my home.  Kind of looking for a bit of a miracle as the house and one garage do need to be completely painted, not sure how I'm going to come up with those funds as there will likely be some lead paint disposal involved.  Oy...

Anyway, thanks for looking in on me. Hope you all have a great week and I'll continue to update as i have time, news and energy to write!  Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment