Sunday, June 18, 2023

THE PERFECT DAY

 It's nearly 2 a.m. and I just can't come down off of the day I've had...  I'm full of life and energy and am just thankful to God for every aspect of it. So, I got to see a good friend get married to an incredibly compassionate and kind and beautiful sister in the church today.  They both decided independently to go on a mission team from the Seattle church to another city.  It was such a noble task, one they both took on eagerly.  But God also had other plans for them.  "When you take care of God's people, He will also take care of you."

So today I got to be a groomsman in a wedding for the first time in many years.  The day was perfect (IMHO), cool, overcast, but the lighting was perfect for amazing photography.  It was set on American Lake near Tacoma and the views were as stunning as the bride and groom.  It was truly magical. I don't do well in suit jackets, slacks and extremely uncomfortable shoes, but God worked it out!  THAT was truly an answered prayer, just as much as the marriage was magical and unexpected just a year or two ago....

But I can't remember a day when I just laughed so hard.  I just laughed belly laughs of utter delight.  God has been so amazing!  And Joe invited so many people from our former fellowship, so it also turned into almost a family reunion as well!  My heart is well and truly full.  

We also got to watch bald eagles circling over the lake as well as the herons flying by. Utterly magical, beautiful and graceful!  Nature truly reflects God's beauty and perfection!

When I got home after a very long drive home, and taking Eric home as well, I just couldn't (and probably to some extent didn't want to) allow the day to end quite yet.  I'm at peace, I'm so full of joy and I'm so happy for Joe and Selena. Every part of the day was just perfect.  God knew exactly what we all needed and I got all of that in spades!

I'm realizing it's so hard to put into words why I'm so overjoyed by the day, but this was my best attempt to convey this at this pretty ungodly hour.  But I couldn't go to bed without writing down my heart and sharing with anyone who will listen.  I hope the overflow of my heart can fill yours up as well.  There's certainly more than enough for just me!  

Thank you God for the perfect day.  (Photos to follow, prayerfully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment