Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Woo Hoo!! The Last Day of Being Unemployed!

Hey all!
So I am not sure how to start the blog tonight. I'm pretty tired from the day, although I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe because it was just a gloomy, rainy day.... At any rate, it was eventful if nothing else, a good day...

This morning I was feeling a little bit down. I was feeling annoyed that for all the work I have done to find a job, I just wasn't getting ANY feedback from any of the companies I had solicited employment from. Most of the jobs I had applied for I was (in my mind at least) more than sufficiently qualified, yet.... not a peep. I was on the verge of just plain discouragement, however it did not take long before I received a call from the recruiter asking if I would be available for an interview this morning. Of course, I agreed.

I went to the interview and Bridget Vawter (thanks, Bridget!) came up to say hi to me and shortly thereafter went in to talk to the boss-lady, Cheryl. I thought the interview went well and within a few hours, I was offered the job. Yay! I am excited to get up tomorrow and have somewhere to go and something to do, and also to have a paycheck from it! I will be taking calls for a company that produces stamps, signs, insignia, etc. I was impressed by the samples they had in their showroom, very professional.

I was encouraged later in the afternoon to have Lionel stop by. He wanted to see his nephew (Wolfi) and got lots of puppy kisses and was able to get off a few Wolfi pulls for a workout. I decided to go ahead and make some dinner and since I have been wanting to make my famous stir fry all week, I figured it would encourage Lionel to make it for him. He was very encouraged and even Steve got to have some.

Later I got a chance to hang out with my neighbor Alex. Alex is an all-around good egg and I appreciate his friendship and his willingness to help me out. Last week it was to fax some paperwork to the unemployment agency. Mucho appreciado, Alex! Anyway, we just chatted for a while while his little mini Yorky loved to just climb all over me. She is pretty cool...

Oh, and I almost forgot the update on my weight loss. I weighed myself on Monday and despite slipping on my new agenda, God has somehow allowed me to lose 5 lbs in my first two weeks on the regimen. I know slow and steady is good but I am very impatient. Pants ARE fitting better now, am very encouraged to continue and to do even more. Now, I'm not complaining here, but I recognize that having to work is going to make my new goals a little more challenging. I don't just have all day to go to the gym and I have to plan my lunches ahead, etc. Since most of the working public does these things on a daily basis, I feel confident I will be able to adjust. ;)

So, on that note, I started to write my update tonight right about 11pm, my new bedtime. Now it's after 11:20 and I am starting to get pretty tired. Thanks, all for continuing to follow my blog. I hope I didn't bore you too much tonight. ;) Buenos nachos!!

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment