Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Very Productive Day

Hey there again!
It's day 11 of my blog, man time sure does fly by! Well, I had a good day today and there is lots to talk about. So, my goal in the morning is to be at the gym working out by 7am. Well, to be honest, I haven't made it all week until TODAY! So, I got there a little after 8am and got in about 30 minutes on the elliptical, and did a little bit to work on the ol' abs. I need it! So, for now, just starting slow, will work up to Mr. Universe! ROFL... should I be laughing at that? Anywho....

I had a ton of little things on the agenda today: laundry, cleaning, but most importantly job hunting... I have to be honest, I feel a bit discouraged. I have really put my name out there and have had so little response. I went to Volt today to put my name in there, too, and they seem to think there might be a temp job coming up that would be really great.... I hope that works out! The recruiter there also gave me some good tips to better my chances for an interview.

I also went to Worksource and put in my name for a job that would fit my credentials VERY well with an agency (NOT sales, oy!) and I am very excited about that opportunity. But for me my favorite job posting is for a lead teller at a local credit union. I actually do some of my banking at that very branch and am very fond of the tellers I have gotten to know there. PLEASE be praying with me on this one, it's the one I would really love to have.

There is really quite a bit that happened today, but I won't bore you with all of it, because to everyone else, it's a little humdrum... For tomorrow, I am very excited to have Steve moving in, well, last I heard, he will be here tomorrow. One unfortunate thing I did realize today however, is that it is not looking good at the moment for me to go to Medford for my step-sister, Becky's wedding. I am very disappointed about that, but I am hoping for some miracle in the meantime. Have to get deep in prayer on that one.

So, near as I can tell (and with my scale, it's kinda hard to tell, cuz I think its a little schizo) it looks like I have lost about 3 pounds in the past 11 days. I hope to work on ramping that up just a little though in the coming weeks. I am just glad I have gotten it started...

Yesterday, I picked up John from the airport. It was sooooo good to see him, I have really missed having him around. I can't believe he was in Seattle for a whole month! At any rate, I picked him up tonight and took him to BT and I think he had a good time. I hope he was encouraged! He seems to be adjusting to his new life and he's excited to be fitted for a prosthetic in 3-4 weeks.

So through everything these days in my life, I sometimes feel a little uneasy about where I am currently. Don't get me wrong, I am happy and grateful for where I am, I just hope that I am learning what I need to learn and changing what I need to change. Above all, I just really want to trust God and let him help me. I am so self-reliant that I think sometimes I just need to let Him work. I have been doing my due diligence in trying to find work, and now I have some more tools to help the process some, but the answer is just going to have to come in God's time, not Tim's... It's hard, but it's okay.

Well, I think it's about my bedtime and I am very encouraged that I am now starting to get sleepy around 11pm. There were a few months there that I would stay up well past midnight, even as late as 1:30 or 2:00am before I went to sleep. I am super encouraged that my body is adjusting to my new schedule!!! You've gotta love small victories!

So, thanks for hanging in there with me, I hope to put up another post soon, maybe my next one will be telling everyone what my new job is. Until then, G'night!

Tim

P.S. Happy Birthday Dad!!! Hope you had a great day! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment