Friday, February 19, 2010

Positive change is an uphill battle

Well, it's day 5 of my new life and I am still as determined as day one... Now the reality has set in that I am truly in a spiritual and physical battle for my health and my body. It sounds dramatic, because it is. As God is my witness, it seems like as soon as I got started on my daily regimen, I get sick. I had to cancel my trip to Seattle this weekend to see John, as well as a stop in Yakima to attend the funeral of a very good friend's mother who I was close to in junior high school. I'm very bummed about that. She died on the night she and her husband celebrated their 49th wedding anniversary.

I have been trying to stay positive about the new regimen, but I keep getting batted down by every little thing. No problem, I have a God that is more powerful than all the little nuisances. God, help me! But I am convinced all is not lost, not even close. Yes, this has been a frustrating week. Yes, I have been feeling crappy, BUT even this morning I was able to get out and do some yard work for a little bit and got the blood pumping. It was a little less strenuous than 25 minutes on the eliptical, but will do for today. Please pray for my neck and back pain, too, it has been very intense.

I have (temporarily or permanently, I'm not sure) moved into my 2nd bedroom/office to a bed that seems to be doing better for my back. I hope in a couple days this will all just be a bad memory! In the meantime, it was really encouraging to see Jen Q tonight at Subway. She gave me a rockin' muffin that was actually good for you, or so she says ;). She also shared that she is counting calories, just what I needed to hear, although it challenged me deeply! Thanks Jen! Meeting you tonight was obviously not a coincidence.

I got to talk to Shane from Tacoma today for about an hour. What a great friend, I am so thankful for him. Thanks, Shane for allowing me to vent on you. Of course, since we spoke, I feel like God is totally working everything out. (I shouldn't be surprised!!!!)

Finally, from the "Random" file: I had my cable shut off today (on purpose) and it has been nice to be in a quiet house. As I was getting ready for bed, I thought I'd go on youtube and look at some videos from my favorite band of all time DEPECHE MODE. After 5 or 6 songs, I felt like I was back in high school 1985-1988 in Germany. Got very nostalgic and have very fond memories of those days. Honestly, these days are way better than those were and I would not change my life now for anything. I am, however, deeply grateful for those years and the way they shaped who I am today and for the friendships I still have from there. And I'm super grateful for God who has changed me so much from the way of life I was living and had he not saved me, who knows where I'd be now. Not a good place, I'm sure...

Anyway, thanks Diane for asking me about the blog tonight. I had a lot on my heart today and think it's a good thing to do this post tonight. Thanks all for continuing to read my blog, I am very grateful for you. Please feel free to comment on any post, or to give any ideas.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. It looks like I might be getting a roommate, which is such perfect timing. God truly moves in mysterious ways and this one's a doosey! Good night, all!

Tim

P.S. Man, I sure blabbered on tonight, didn't know so much was on my heart. It really was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment