Saturday, February 13, 2010

My new personal blog and REVOLUTION!

Hey All,
Well, here we go, a new blog to let you know how I'm doing, share my victories, vent my frustrations, and generally talk about my faith, friends, and my life. My first entry tonight promises to be somewhat lengthy, but very important to understand the steps I am hoping to take starting NOW.

So, here's my first entry (and a little history):
So, it has been very obvious to me, and God has been knocking on my door on this issue for the past few years, and especially over the past year, that change is going to be necessary. I honestly have been fighting it, but now it's in my face, and looking very ugly! That is to say, that I need a revolution in my life.

In the past few years, God has given me so much good (and continues to do so), but I have largely taken those things for granted. Foremost on my mind has been my weight and health. Again, God has allowed this to weigh heavily on my heart for so many reasons. So many in fact, that I decided to take some time tonight to write down a list of those things. I came up with 105 reasons to lose weight; and I fully expect over the next few days and weeks the list will continue to grow.

I need to take a moment here to thank Brent Schneider for encouraging me to start this blog. I have been very excited to join the Spokane Stammtisch over the past few months and have been equally encouraged by my friendship with Brent and hope that it continues to grow. (Stammtisch is German, roughly translated as "the regulars", the group is a German social group )

I digress...

So, I have come to the conclusion that I simply cannot wait any longer to take steps to change the trajectory of my life. I feel more and more that my weight has become a hindrance to the Tim that I dream to be, and that I used to be, and that God can use powerfully. I miss being able to tie my shoes, travel, camp, hike, bike, and enjoy all the other activities of life that I either struggle to enjoy or just simply can't / don't do anymore due to my morbid obesity. I just now weighed myself, a whopping 341 pounds! Pretty discouraging!!

Inside I am vibrant, but have been passively waiting for some miracle to restore my former fervor. Well, as much as I believe in miracles, this is an issue that I have caused and one that I must deal with and confront head-on. I spent time with God tonight praying about this issue (and many others) and feel confident that anything worth doing, God WILL bless it. I don't want to fail this time and I hope that I can look back at this entry and be encouraged during those tough times.

So, with that said, Brent also reminded me (although he didn't know he was doing it) that in high school and college, I used to do a lot of writing: personal, poetry, journalistic, short stories, etc. I tried writing a novel a few years ago but it didn't go so well, so I think to some extent I just decided I was too out of practice to write something so ambitious after almost 20 years!!! Oh well, it'll happen eventually... At any rate, I am excited to wrestle the random thoughts running through my mind and organize them and share them with you on this blog. I hope that anyone reading this blog, however we are connected, will be encouraged to see the revolution that is readying itself for it's entrance onto the stage of my life, and the miracles that God will prayerfully allow in my life.

Tim M

1 comment:

  1. (((HUGS))) Wow Tim. I am very touched by your vulnerability and willingness to include others in this journey towards total lifestyle change. I, too, have begun this process and have found continual strength and encouragement from the men and women in my life who also want me to be the best version of myself that I can be. You can count on me to be praying for you and spurring you on along the way brother! God WILL bless this effort, believe it, pray it, own it, and see His Glory revealed in the process!
    Jen Q.

    ReplyDelete