Friday, July 9, 2010

Ahhhh.... Progress!!!

As most of you may have noticed, I usually post my blogs late at night and I'm a little bleary-eyed when I do it. Tonight is totally different because it's almost 90 degrees and I thought chilling (not literally) in the house might be better than going out and getting heat stroke. Call me crazy! At any rate, I have been very excited over the past couple weeks because I feel like I'm just starting to hit my stride on the original purpose behind this blog, even though the time between blog entries still is long... I'm excited about this post because I am almost to my lowest weight in two years. I have lost about 13 pounds to date! I am finally out of the 330's... My first goal is get out of the 300's forever. Still have a way yet to go, but am excited for the momentum!

So, as many of you may have seen from my recent posts on Facebook, I have started to play tennis. Mostly with Don C, but with others as well. I'm having such a great time playing and I can already tell a difference in my body. Funny story: After three games of tennis in 4 days last week and a couple weeks playing, I was concerned that my legs were feeling kind of funny. I sometimes get that thing the TV wants you to believe is some horrible malady, "Restless Legs Syndrome" (which is a crock if you ask me, but I digress) and was concerned I was getting it again. But it was then I realized the horrible malady I really had was.... muscles in my legs! I went from concern to celebration because I was actually starting to get strong legs from tennis!!!!

So, Don and I have agreed on rules for tennis for our "games".... The point of our games is to get the ball over the net. Period. We don't care how many times it bounces on either side of the net, but just to get that ball back to the other side. We also have our baseball rules... If you hit it over the fence behind the other player, it's a home run. If it bounces first and then goes out, it's a ground rule double... Wednesday I hit my first (tennis) hole-in-one. Let me explain... So, I hit a tennis home run, cleared the fence, crossed a semi-busy road, lightly hit Don's car, on the up-bounce and landed on his trunk, falling into the low spot at the rear of the trunk and held by his spoiler and sat there for some time until we finished our game. It was really quite stunning and we both had a good laugh, so I actually got a hole-in-one on my home run.... I was feeling very good about myself, I have to admit. Three different sports achievements in one hit. LOL!

So, there's one more rule we play and you'll just have to accept, because it makes no other sense than to make me feel better about just stinking at the game. So, you "win" by having all the balls in play (we usually use 3-6 balls) standing on your side of the net, usually because you couldn't get them over the net by bad hits or serves. I tend to "win" a lot in our games.... I love our special rules, tennis rules seem so stuffy... :P

I was meaning to mention earlier in this entry today that I am very grateful for a conversation that I had with my dad a few weeks ago. He reminded me that I have not been keeping up on the blog and was wondering when the next one would be. He then asked me about how my weight loss was going and suddenly a light went on in my head... DUH! The whole reason for the blog was to share the revolution that I wanted in my life and to share with the world my journey... So, thanks Dad for brining me back to the reason for doing this, it helped me get back on track after a few months!

Life has still been very busy lately. I finally got done with the roofing project, although there are a few minor details that I will still be taking care of. But the VAST majority of the work is done on the back of my house. I am so grateful it's done, hopefully now I can try to enjoy my summer a little more.

Well, I think that's about it for now. Thanks for following and I appreciate your interest in "what's up with Tim". As Bart Simpson says, "Smell ya later!"

1 comment:

  1. Love the rules, Tim! :o) How many points for a "Home Run?" he,he,he!!!

    ReplyDelete