Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Wazzzzzzaaaaaaaap? Well, it's late and I'm very tired, but I am happy to report that the long weekend was a good one. Brandon Renfro was here all week and we had a great time just chatting and hanging out. He's definitely a new best friend. Thanks for all your help, you are a really great brother! Hated to see you go back, but hey, you can't work out of a coffee shop for the rest of your life!

Oh yeah, the weekend.... So, I don't remember Friday night (tired, remember?) but Saturday was great! Got to go see a really cool wedding in an orchard, Tim and Jolynn are now married and off on honeymoon now. The ceremony was cool (literally) but it didn't rain! I guess it's really true that the prayers of righteous men are powerful and effective (James 5 I think)... So then we went to the "Service Station" for the reception. It's a coffee shop on steroids. Has meeting rooms, a stage, the whole nine yards. Very cool and much fun was had by all.

Church was awesome as usual, but there were tons of people from Seattle and Boise and even Missoula in town for the wedding, so got two weekends of incredible fellowship in a row!!! Then helped Diane move and then pool at Farwest, as is our custom. Also over the past few days I have been preparing to finish off the roof project over the back patio. I finished it all off except putting the tin up. Now I just have to find someone who will cut it (and wait until I can afford it... That could be a little while... :)

Today was one of those typical spring days. Sun, rain, cloudy, sprinkling, wind, rain, sun... you get the picture. So I had to halt the work a few times because of rain, but never more than about 20 minutes. But the cool thing was that I GOT IT DONE!! Yay!!! No kidding, two minutes after I got the patio cleaned up, sure enough -- rain. Within 5 minutes, p-o-u-r-i-n-g rain. Thanks God for allowing me to get it done in time! Talk about helpin' a brother out! THANKS!!!!!

So, tomorrow starts a very interesting chapter in my spiritual life. Nothing earth-shattering, just the challenge to read the Bible in 90 days. Since I am not much of a reader, it will be difficult, but I am really looking forward to it. My goal is definitely to finish in 90 days, but if I go a LITTLE longer, it's still a huge victory.

As far as the weight loss goes, last week I hit a bit of a plateau. Not feeling very well, stomach issues, blah blah blah, but I am still at about 8 pounds lost in the past 6 weeks or so. Yay! Fit into my jeans a size smaller today and felt comfortable. Now I need to get to the gym!

Finally, I just was excited to go out for German food tonight. I got a schnitzel and Spaetzle and a very tasty cheddar broccoli potato soup. I don't get German food very often, but tonight was extra cool, because I can take leftovers to work tomorrow for lunch! The schnitzel itself was humungous! I miss Germany. Gotta save to take a trip back there!

Night all, have a great week!!!

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment