Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Effects of Reinvention

Time sure does fly when you're having fun. And when you're busy reinventing yourself. I am not saying this tongue-in-cheek, I'm serious. So between "remodeling" (rebuilding?) my dining room, trying to find and register for a school in Berlin, working, living my regular life, writing a book, and dealing with my ministry; I am feeling a little pushed to the limit these days.

On the dining room, I am making good progress these days. I have finished the east exterior wall that we tore down and rebuilt. Just primed and painted the new siding this past week and all I need to do now is to caulk the seams and figure out how to tie that wall in with the south wall. It's pretty complicated that old shingle siding... boo!

The next challenge on the project is the floor. It is AMAZING to me how many layers of flooring I have removed and all indications point to having to pull out even the existing floor structure. This is not good news. The good part about it is that I should be able to make sure the kitchen and dining room floors will be flush with each other. Hopefully....

So that's the bad. Here's the good... I am excited about the possibility of moving to Germany. There is so much to do in a relatively short period of time. I sent an email to a business school in Berlin and they wrote me back that they need to clarify some information. The college that I went to was a branch of the University of Maryland, but it was in Munich, Germany. It closed and moved in 1993 to another city. A few years later that campus also closed and now there is no "campus" for U of M in Germany. They do hold classes on most larger bases in Germany, but the school was not able to confirm the school was accredited, so that's my first task, to confirm it is...

Secondly, I need to take an exam to test the level of my German skills to see if they can place me in their program. By the way, I am hoping to enroll in their International Business BA program which would start in April 2012. I would need to have everything completed and send in my application to the school by December 15.

Lastly, I need to figure out financing. I would like to get the German financing, but will also keep American options open as well. I would also need to look into a study visa and see if I can work while I'm living there. I think I would need to have at least some income....

Honestly, I have been really looking forward to going to Germany. Almost to the point that I think I would be very discouraged if it didn't work out. I believe I will go but have been praying that God stop the process if it's not his will.

At any rate, I am mostly encouraged by everything and will need to somehow muddle through some of these websites and continue to get much advice. Please be praying for me and I look forward to keeping you up to date on everything... Bis hoffentlich bald!

No comments:

Post a Comment