Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Quick Update and a Big Thank YOU!

It's 6:30 a.m. and am getting ready to head in to my 2nd to last day of training for this possible call center job.  I just wanted to quickly update you on my dad's situation.

 I spoke with my stepmother last night. She told me that my dad was put on the list yesterday to receive lung transplants.  This is a very big step and she was very encouraged for this news.  I'm very relieved as well, as it sounds like they have placed him in a higher priority level, so that they hope he will be able to get that transplant done soon.  Great news!  I've been praying for my stepmom as much as I've been praying for my dad. This has been very tough for her.  I have so much respect for her, she has been a part of my life since I was seven.

It has also occurred to me lately in a number of conversations I've had with people that have been following my story and reading my blog that you have been an important part of this journey.  You have watched my struggles, prayed for me or sent me good thoughts.  You have suffered with me, shared my joy and my sorrow and have felt for me and supported me in ways I may never completely understand.  I do, however, very much appreciate your support for me in this remarkable time in my life and your patience with me in the situation in general.

It has sometimes been difficult for me, and I have not always had the the emotional ability to spend the kind of time that you all would like, to answer your questions or to explain my reasoning for the decisions I make.  I just ask that you trust me and if I am unable at that moment to spend time with you by IM or on Skype, please don't take it personally.  Right now, especially, with the situation with my dad, spending more time away from my apartment, training for a job (which I hope by tomorrow they will want to hire me), and time spent with God and my spiritual family, I just don't have a lot of leftover time or strength.

I wanted to thank all of you also for your encouraging words on facebook and the thoughts you share with me, but if you see me online, and want to say hi, feel free, but I ask that you respect that I am still a bit raw right now or may simply not have much time to chat.  Please just ask me if I am able to chat at the moment. As much as I would love to get that time with you personally, please just understand that I may not be able to spend the kind of time I have in the past.

I'm so grateful for all of you that have been reading and following my blog and have been active in my life in many different ways.  Whether you realize it or not, you truly are a part of this time in my life and I'm so thankful for all of your prayers, I know God hears them and is encouraged by your faith in this situation as well.  I'm truly a blessed man! As hard as the past few months have been for me, it has certainly been the most remarkable and rewarding time in my life.  I will never forget the support and love you give me, it really does make a huge difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment