Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 -- Big Changes!!!

Despite feeling under the weather for nearly a week now, I have tried to get out a bit, to church on Sunday and to the New Year's Eve Party at the library on Tuesday night.  I hate being stuck at home, even though I have definitely had some great conversations with my flatmates.  

So 2014 will definitely be a year of big changes in my life.  I don't need to say it (but I will anyway), but whether God blesses me with a job in Germany, or if I have to return to the states, there are big changes coming my way in the next week or so.  Today is Jan. 2, and my residence permit expires on Jan. 9, whereupon I also have an appointment with the Foreign Registry office to bring in any documented job offers.  Even without, I have decided I will still go in to meet with them.

So, I have one week from today.  ONE week....  God is big, he can do anything.  He has convinced me more of this fact than ever, although I have to be honest, I have had times of doubt that he is willing to.  I don't know if being sick is just a test of my determination or God just telling me to slow down, that he has everything handled...  Hard to trust, especially because I like to feel like I'm in control of my destiny.  Clearly, it is God, but I'm such a worker/performer, that it's hard to just sit back and trust God will take care of it. I am still applying for jobs, but have definitely been hindered in doing so this last week due to illness.  Amen, not much I can do about it, but just try to take care of myself and feel better.  

I am praying for God's will that by the 8th, it will be clear either way. I just need one opportunity, just one job offer.  That's it, just one little tiny little full-time job.  Just one company that sees my heart for people.  Either way, at this point, it's in God's hands and I'm trying harder than ever to not get stressed out.

So, my goals for 2014 are as follows:
  • Read my Bible and update my quiet time journal every day
  • Be able to be financially generous by Aug. 1
  • Lose weight (cut out sugar, possibly do a Daniel Fast (Daniel 1))
  • Keep and update a prayer list
  • Join a gym
  • Finish my "Love" book by May 1
  • Work on being truly fluent in German
My motto for the year is "One Day at a Time, One Moment at a Time."  Which essentially means to be present wherever I am, whatever I am doing and to make good decisions that will help me reach my goals.  I would invite anyone to help me stay accountable to these.  I may decide to add more to this list, but this is what I have so far.

Please pray for finances for me, no matter what happens, whether here or in the states, finances are going to be a challenge until I actually start working and get my first paychecks...  

Whatever happens, even if I have to come back to the states, I have resolved that it is God's will and that though I may not be able to see the end result or blessing in it, I will continue to believe it is all part of his greater plan.  I will likely struggle with this concept if it doesn't go the way I think it should, but I do promise I will try to accept it and embrace it.  Pray for me to be able to do that in a way that pleases God.  

Well, that was pretty much it for tonight.  Relatively short and sweet.  Happy 2014 to everyone! May God give you the desires of your heart, and show you his face in 2014!  Best regards from Berlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment