Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Ballet Tonight... that's right, I said ballet....

Good morning!  As I begin to write tonight's blog, I just returned home and it is currently 12:52 a.m.  That means, it will likely be a short one tonight, but then again I give you plenty to read anyway, so maybe this will be a nice respite from long blogs.  But who knows....

So last week Larry (the guy who runs the library) asked me if I would be going to see a special ballet that is happening at the Baptist church across the street from the library where I hang out.  I sort of hemmed and hawed and finally decided I should go.  They have been announcing it at church because the daughter of one of the disciples is dancing in it!  Well, this particular company, Ballet Magnificat! is a christian ballet company out of Jackson, Mississippi.  Well, as much as I hate to admit it, it was really cool.  Now, this isn't your ordinary ballet or ballet company.  They actually try to interact with the audience and they did a story tonight about the Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.  I went in thinking, meh, whatever, I have nothing better to do tonight and I don't have TV, so this give me something to do.

I'm so glad I went!  These dancers were AMAZING! Very unique and not your average ballet story either. They have two shows, the second is tomorrow night.  I'm definitely going back again!

So, after the show tonight, I got a chance to speak with one of the dancers, Jonathan (sp?) and we got to talking a bit and he shared with me how he got into ballet.  He was very energetic on stage and incredibly talented!  I was so blown away by his, and well everyone else's performances, as well.  Anyway, I shared with him about my journey here and he told me he was very overwhelmed by my story.  He asked if we could pray and we did. Right there in the auditorium.  I was very encouraged by his prayer and began to really realize that my story is (how do I say this?) very unique.  I'm also starting to realize how powerful God has allowed it to be for people.  I'm not sure how to wrap my mind around that, honestly, but it is.

After the dancers got all done with their stuff, they came across the street to Connections and we got to sit down and chat with them as they ate.  I was just really blown away by this ministry of theirs. It's one of the coolest ministries I've ever encountered.  They shared with me how they went to Asia last year and were so moved by the serving hearts of the Asian people and by the orphans.  I got a chance to really talk more in depth with Bethany, one of the dancers.  It was really powerful.  On this tour, they've visited Israel, Kosovo, Linz Austria, and Nuremberg and Stuttgart.  Berlin is their last city before they return home this weekend. Anyway, if any of you dancers are reading this, thank you for sharing your amazing talents and your stories!

Anyway, I definitely plan on returning for their show tomorrow night.  Can't wait.  I never ever ever thought I'd say that about a ballet. I've been to ballets before and didn't like them.  This one was great.  I didn't hear one person say they didn't like it tonight.

Well, I had better wrap up here, it was a short 21-minute session tonight.  I need to get to be now so thanks for checking up on me.  Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment