Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Tribute

I woke up this morning to find out you had finally passed.  My heart is broken that you're no longer here, but I am so glad your pain is gone, that there are no more tears or struggles or cares for you.  My tears and my pain will get better with time, I know, but I hope the memory of knowing you will never fade.

You were such a rock, Chris, I will always remember the times we just sat around and talked, laughed and had a great time. I was so encouraged by your wisdom, great sense of humor and your love for others, and your courage and strength as you faced the biggest challenge of your life, cancer.  You always want to hope that you would survive such an ordeal, but in your case, God wanted to bring you home to be with him.

I'm a better person for knowing you and the world was a better place because you were here.  You will be loved and missed by so many on this earth, and I can't wait to see you again on the other side. Thank you for your love, friendship and so many dear memories, to my Spokane mom. Thank you for adopting me into your amazing family as a 39-year old!  I know it was an honorary thing, but I was honored. I will miss you with all my heart, my dear friend.  You made it, you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your soul.


In all this, you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.  These have come so the proven genuineness of your faith -- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire -- may result in praise, honor and glory when Christ Jesus is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love(d) him; and even though you do not see him ... you believe(d) in him and [were] filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 1 Pet 1:6-9 (with slight changes for Chris)

No comments:

Post a Comment