Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Few Points and Another Soap Box Moment

So I am very excited because sometime in the past day or two, this blog reached 5,000 hits all-time!  In the last 30 days, over 1,100 hits!  Thanks everyone for your support!

Well, it's been a good day, got some laundry done (just couldn't wait any more to do it) and then headed to the library.  Pretty normal day.

I was trying to get started with my job search and I got a call from a brother asking if I would like to do some tutoring tomorrow for some junior high and high-school-aged kids.  I said that I would be interested.  So I met him and got some information prepared for tutoring 2-90 minute classes tomorrow.  This is just a one-day thing, but I'm grateful for an opportunity to work!  That kinda made my day...

Also, I was confused last week because all of my electronic devices seem to go on the fritz here in Germany.  Last week it was my very very very cheap $15 MP-3 player.  I figured I had gotten a couple years use out of the thing, even though I really hadn't used it that much, but today it magically started working again.  I'm not complaining!  Kinda weird, huh?  Okay, who was praying about my electronics?  If you could also pray for my camera and video camera, too please! Thanks!  LOL

So, I need to get on my soapbox for a minute (for those not familiar with this saying, it means I am about to share a strong opinion)...  I wrote and posted this on my facebook wall tonight, and I would encourage you to read it and try to understand the heart behind it:

"It's really discouraging to constantly hear people say that Obama is to blame for everything these days. Whether you like him or not is not important because it takes a MAJORITY of Congress (Dems and Reps) to pass bills (like the new health plan), not just the President.  My suggestion is if you don't like who is currently in power, find out how your representatives vote and vote them out if you don't like what they have done. WE voted them into power, so the responsibility lies with us.  Americans need to understand that WE have the power in the country with our right to vote, not Congress.  If you are not willing to research your representatives, you should not vote or complain about what is currently happening."

YOU absolutely have the power to remove these imbeciles from office and to change the system.  I am frankly tired of hearing people complain (and there IS a ton of problems) about our current government, the system, and the people that claim to represent our interests.  We need to warn our lawmakers that we intend to remove them if they don't start representing us.  You have the right to call and write your representatives in Congress and let them know we will not put up with this nonsense any longer the next time they come up for re-election.

Have you researched your candidates?  Have you met them?  Have you looked at their records of how they voted?  Have you looked at any of the bills they have supported or not?  Me either...  But it's time I started. We can no longer afford a government that is only looking for ways around the law, or to line their own pockets with our money or serve their own (or friends') interests.  If you want to vote, you really need to do your homework.  If you don't, you're allowing these men and women have their way with our lives and our money.  I hope at the next election, you stand up and vote for someone who is not in the Washington DC mainstream. Write yourself in if you must, but there needs to be a "revolution" to be had in the voting booths.  We just can't keep on like this. The people DO have the power, let's exercise it properly!

I'll step off my soap box now.  Thanks for looking in on me.  Please keep those prayers coming!  Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment