Sunday, October 6, 2013

One.Last.Chance. Much prayer needed!

Wow, I can't believe it's here already.  Tomorrow is the day I know if I have any chance of staying in Germany or returning to the states. I have to be honest, this is really challenging my heart right now to trust.

On a good note, I was very encouraged today to be asked to lead our house church (a group of about 50 people from three bible talks) in the Communion message at our service today.  Of course, it was in German and the topic I discussed, I frankly did not know how to explain it in German.  I used Google Translate a lot and got some more input from the brother doing the actual lesson.  I was pretty nervous, but glad it was a smaller group.  I was not able to print my notes out so I took my laptop with me in front of the group. It was kind of weird, but not that bad...

So I looked down at my notes a lot and once during the lesson (about 5 minutes long), the screen saver went on and I lost my place of course.  Oh well, I think the point got across and I had two brothers encourage me that they really liked the message of it.  One brother that I hold in high regard even told me that he "really enjoys listening to [me] speak in front of a group."  I was kind of blown away by that honestly, very humbling.

Last night I was invited by a brother in the church here to his very special birthday party.  It was held in a very small town just outside of the city of Berlin called Grossziethen.  From where I live, I have to take a bus to the end stop of the subway and ride it all the way to the other end station on the same line. Then you have to take a bus (which runs once per hour) to get there.  It was so cool where the party was held, it was the community center there and there were about 50 people or so there.

The place was really nicely decorated!  Tables had dark gray tablecloths with bright green stringed runners. There was so much amazing food and a HUGE spread of cheeses, desserts, wine and champagne, juice and soda. Each setting had a champagne glass, regular glass and a wine glass!  There were two songs sung for the brother, one was a solo, another was a married couple singing a duet of "You've got a friend".  People shared about him and it was so cool.  I hope I can see some pictures of it, I'm sure I'm in a few of them.  LOL.

So Monday is coming quickly.  Please please please pray for me (or send good thoughts and vibes my way). I have been praying for this company, CCC to call me and to send me a job offer before 12 noon Germany time tomorrow, Monday, Oct. 7.  If I don't have something by then, I may have one other "hail mary" pass, but it's a long shot!  Either way, please pray for me to have peace.  If not tomorrow, I will have to board a plane on Tuesday to leave the country.  I'm not thrilled at this possibility, but I may simply have no other choice.

I didn't get as much sleep last night as I would have hoped, so I need to crash out here, thanks again for all your support and prayers. I will be very interested to see what the next 48 hours holds for me.  Love you all, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment