Thursday, October 24, 2013

Here We Go Again!

I want to be known as a relational guy.  I want to have deep positive friendships with people.  I think God has blessed this in my life in a very significant way, but I am seeing that I definitely have some work to do here....  I am feeling the need to be resolved about some things in certain relationships. Nothing really huge, but who's to say that they won't become a big deal later.  Nothing gets better by not dealing with it.  So, I have decided to try to have a few conversations, a few of them where I just need to humble out and listen and see what I can do to smooth out situations from the past.  God has put some interesting conversations and situations in my path lately, I believe as a test to see if I will deal with them.  Either way, I think I'm ready, but it's hard and it's humbling.  By the way, if you know me and have any issues with me, please let me know privately and confidentially and I would be happy to discuss with you.

So now comes the fun part in my new-found extended stay here in Germany: trying to figure out the best way to do the job search.  I am trying to learn from the past what has worked and what has not. Are there any other areas I should be looking?  (Please feel free to post a message with ideas for a multilingual person who is good in customer service, having worked in the insurance and hotel industries.  I'm open for new ideas.

Today in that regard, I thought I had an interview on Nov 7, but it looks like they need confirmation of my work and residence permits and my German/European citizenship.    Well, I guess I need to really hit those English schools and courses really hard this week.  I have set my deadline as Nov. 25, which is only 31 days away! I could really use your prayers as I am feeling a bit discouraged about this development today.

It's also looking like I am moving this weekend or early next week.  It looks like I will be moving a bit outside of Berlin to a small town called Eberswalde.  A friend who is studying the Bible has generously offered to let me stay there for a while and I'm excited to get some time to have a roommate that is spiritually minded and interested in growing in his faith.  I haven't been there yet, but I figured out that it is nearly 40 miles north of the center of the city.  It's more expensive to get into town, but at least with the train, it's a quicker train with significantly fewer stops, so it shouldn't take much longer to get most places. There are some trade-offs, but overall I think this will be a good situation for me.

Also, I found out last night that someone I helped become a Christian back in 1995 in Seattle has gone missing.  Please pray for his safety, his name is John.

Thanks for looking in on me, will keep you all updated on the latest happenings in this very eventful time in my life.  Have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment