Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Days 6 - 11: The Juicing Roller Coaster Ride and the BBQ!

First of all, my deepest apologies for not posting this last week.  I could say I was too busy to sit down and write, and that would kind of be true, but the truth is yes, I have been busy, but I could have found the time....  Thanks to Sabrina for reminding me of my shortcomings in this area, and for being patient with me!!  Here you go!

So now it kind of stinks to have to go back into my dusty old memory banks to try to retrieve all the details on how my last few days have gone. It's so much easier if I would just do it one or two at a time.  I'm learning my lesson!!!  Haha!

Day 6:

Well despite feeling better yesterday (Day 5), Day 6 was a bit more challenging.  I had to work and am still dealing with stomach discomfort and some nausea.  Didn't go to see my dad at the hospital today because I just didn't feel up to it.  Now, despite feeling kind of rotten, I do still have better energy, and feeling a bit more "well-oiled" every day.  The inflammation in my body seems to be going away!  It doesn't hurt quite so much getting out of bed in the morning my range of motion is obviously improving!  And I don't feel quite so puffed up/bloated. 👍

One extremely annoying thing did happen today, however. I went to the gym to weigh myself.  I didn't feel quite up to exercising yet, so I just went in for the scale today, but I couldn't find it.  They had started doing some renovations in the club and I assumed they had moved it. So I went to the desk and they said they don't have one there any more.....

Huh?.....

They said that this is a "judgment free zone" and so people don't judge or feel bad or whatever, they got rid of it!  I was completely dumbfounded.  I've never heard something so ridiculous thing in all my life! You are running a fitness club where people want to be able to track their progress for Pete's sake!  Thankfully I apparently was not the only voice regarding the issue. Oh well, I guess I'll have to figure something else out.  Overall the day was pretty good, definitely making progress!

Day 7:

Today was a great day!  While in the restroom at work, I walked by the mirror and was slightly startled!  What is this?  I noticed that I was looking a bit svelter!  I was so excited, I thought, "I need to weigh myself!"  After 7 days and I could already tell a difference in my appearance!!!  😁😁😁😁  So, now my interest was really piqued, so with the help of friends on facebook, someone gave me the idea to weigh myself at the hospital when I go visit my dad this evening.  So I did!

10 POUNDS (4.5 KG)!!! IN SEVEN DAYS!!

Wow, thank you so much God!  This was very motivating!  After leaving the hospital, I had to go buy some more juice at Costco.  Supposed to be opened until 8pm.  Nope.  Closed at 6pm, got there at 6:05pm. 😕  So instead of getting the bottled juice, now I had to get veggies and juice my heart out.  So I went Trader Joe's for the fixins.

That's when the unthinkable happened!!  I was mortified!  My shoe had come untied!  Nooooo!  Now for the average person, this is not a big deal, but for someone with a lot of pain and a large obstruction between my head and my feet, this is a problem!

Usually I have to put my foot up on something, preferably about 2 feet high, but you can't do that in a grocery store!  My mind was racing, I sincerely didn't know what to do! But then it dawned on me.  Let's see if I can bend down and tie it.  Now that I'm svelte (ha!) maybe I can do it!  So I did, I got on one knee and voila! I did it!  Now it wasn't particularly graceful, but I don't think I would have been able to do that a week ago!  More progress!

 Day 8:
 
Day Eight was a success, but I am starting to get sick of the same old juice every day.  So, I figured I needed to treat myself today, so I went to a juice bar near where I work and got a very similar drink to my standard green apple, celery, ginger, lemon, kale and cucumber juice.  I told the girl I needed something sweet.  She suggested adding pear!  Yes, that's perfect!

And it was delicious!

I don't do well with the same thing every day.  I drink about a liter of essentially the same juice every day and nothing else, except water. It was a nice reprieve!   Otherwise today I just kept chugging along .  Good day, still feeling better every day. I still feel hungry and still have cravings for pizza and red meat.  😒

Day 9:

Today I thought I would mix things up a bit.  So I went to a barbecue.....

In my defense, it was a good friend's birthday party and they just *happened* to be having a barbecue.  Of course they did....  LOL!  I drove all the way to Bremerton to get some time with him and his mother, who is a long-time very dear friend (and time with others, too), and I wasn't about to leave after an hour of arriving.  I just figured God would hook me up.  So I walked in with my ridiculously large bottle of green juice, my head held high, and just decided to enjoy myself.

There were definitely moments of weakness there, but I didn't give in!  And I had a great time, too.  Mostly, I just felt like God hooked me up. There's no other explanation for my being that chill being around my favorite kind of food: various grilled animals! That would normally have been extremely challenging!  But not with God, not today at least!

Day 10:

I have to confess, I had solid food today. Okay, it was just a very small piece of communion bread, but it was solid!  Anyway, seriously, today felt a little bit rough.  Still having some fatigue, and stomach issues.  But I trudged through!  After church and a group video at Gasworks Park, got some time with Joel and he treated me to a really tasty juice at Jamba!

It was made from cucumber, orange, and some other stuff, and I had them add some pineapple.  It was very mild but tasty and refreshing!  That's twice in 3 days that I treated myself to something other than the daily blend.  Once again, gotta keep that sanity!

Also went to visit my dad in the hospital, and weighed myself again:

SIX . TEEN . POUNDS!!! (7 KG!) That's SIX more pounds in just THREE days!!

Thank you God!  Wow, this is really starting to pay off.  I'm in a bit of shock!


 Day 11:

Got to bed a bit late last night, so I was really tired today!  Also, I have been very bad about drinking water, so I know I'm dehydrated.  I just need to drink more water!!!  It's weird. I actually feel better when I don't have anything at all in my stomach.  Although it's slowly feeling better each day, still having mild stomach issues, but nausea is getting better.  Hm, I bet water would help that....

Today I'm really starting to get tired of this.  I really want to eat something!

But on a good note, I'm so grateful for all your positive feedback on this journey!  I have been noticing some changes to my health.  I would like to share some of them with you (nothing gross or inappropriate). These are not all of the benefits I have experienced in my first week and a half:
  • Clearer complexion,
  • Mild eczema almost completely gone,
  • Headache going away,
  • More energy,
  • Eyesight improving,
  • Significantly less pain,
  • Much improved range of motion,
  • Happier,
  • Diminished intestinal discomfort,
  • Reduced sensitivity to hot and cold.
 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁


Day 12:

Another night of getting into bed too late!  Boo to me! Today was a bit rough again because I was SO tired at work today and I had to make a decision...  Should I get some coffee?  I fought myself for a couple hours on this one.  But at lunch, I finally gave in, and got the smallest iced latte I could get: 12 ounces.

Only one shot of espresso, only one squirt of vanilla.  Not ideal, but not the end of the world either.  I have to say that I got a very QUICK rush of energy and that carried me through the rest of the day!!  Still not solid food, right? 

Ugh, I need some support to be able to keep going...

✊✊✊✊✊✊✊✊✊✊✊✊✊✊✊

So I'm pretty blown away by the outpouring of love and support from many of you!  So far, you have contributed a total of $165.00.  I also used a $25 gift card that I had, and I used and a chunk of my own money, but I'm still just about $150.00 short of being able to do the 30-day online support group. 

The next group starts the day after tomorrow, July 13th.  I really hate to ask because you have all been so generous, but I don't get paid until Friday the 14th which is too late to join the group.  Seriously, even $5 or $10 will help me so much.  Again, I'm willing to pay you back if you contribute and let me know!  Thank you!!!  You can donate here if you choose to:

paypal.me/TimMorse111

I'm so close, but I am realizing that I really need some help with this.  This is really starting to kick my butt a little bit.  Thank you so much for reading my blog tonight!  Very grateful for everyone of you! 

Much love from Seattle,
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment