Saturday, July 1, 2017

Juicing Days 1 & 2

Hey all!
First of all, I just wanted to thank everyone for all of your messages of encouragement, by phone, text, messenger, etc.  They mean the world to me!  Also, I am so blown away by the sheer number of people that have viewed my blog in the last two days!  My best entry a couple of years ago had maybe 111 views.  Since Wednesday night, I have had 550 views, fully 5x as many views as my previous best post! And from all over the world!  I'm so humbled and grateful for all of you!  Thank you!

So my first day juicing I went with Suja juice that I got at Costco.  It's very similar to the one that Joe used during his 60-day juice fast.  Then last night, I made my first batch with my machine. 






Day 1:
So I got up and took the bus in to work.  It was a beautifully clear morning with an amazing sunrise!  Mount Rainier was proudly standing over Lake Washington, watching over Seattle as the pink from the sunrise turned to a misty orange-red on her brilliant white face.  Man, God really has made this place beautiful!

I got to work and by about 8 a.m. I realized that I was starting to get really tired.  I had my bottle of Suja that I drank throughout the day.  I almost finished it during my shift, but in my haste, I left it on my desk.  Oops.  Not drinking that on Monday morning!!  LOL

But work was definitely a challenge.  By 10 a.m. I could tell I was really struggling.  I was feeling grumpy and lethargic and just generally blah. The pace of calls picked up in the middle of the day and stayed that way until almost the end of my day.  I went home pretty wiped out.

I wanted to go see my dad at the hospital, but just felt terrible, headache, stomach ache, even a bit of nausea. So I told my stepmom that I would try to come Saturday.  So I just laid low and took it easy for the night. 

One of the little things I noticed while I was walking to the bus after work was that I had just a bit more energy and I wasn't in quite as much pain while I was walking.  "Hm," I thought to myself, "Could this be starting to work already?"

Day 2:
I woke up this morning and had some time planned with my friend Larry who had been having some issues in his family this week.  Larry is a great guy that has been homeless in the last year and has now gotten off the street and is putting his life back together!  He's come such a long way!  But I digress!  So I got about 9 hours of sleep last night which was badly needed!  Today, I have significantly more energy, my mind is less foggy and I can tell that even my eyesight is improving!

I knew these things would happen from my research, but I had no idea they would happen so quickly!  I'm very encouraged and hopeful that this continues!

But I am still having some pretty intense cravings, but it seems like they're slowly decreasing. I'm also still pretty hungry.  But I guess we'll see what the next few days hold in store for me.  I know everyone's prayers and good thoughts are helping a ton.  I had no expectations that it would be this good so quickly.  So please keep your prayers and positive vibes coming!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment