Saturday, September 21, 2013

Germany... Maybe Ireland?

I found a couple jobs this week and applied for them.  One was in Berlin and one was in Dublin, Ireland.  Both are with the same company and both sound very interesting for me and I am well suited to both.  Now the question is, if God wants me to have one of these (or any other job for that matter), where will it be?

Lately I have been fighting my demons.  Frankly I feel like sometimes the hardest part is just confessing my struggles and fighting for more time with God.  God and the people in my life have been so loving and accepting and forgiving.  I'm very grateful to both.  A guy literally couldn't ask for more.

So in the next couple of weeks, there will be some major changes in my life.  I will either get a job and stay, but have to move to a different place; or I will have to move to another city to look for a job (whether back to the U.S. or to another country), or I can see if the bureaucrats in Germany would somehow let me extend longer.  Not sure what God's plan is at this time, but I oddly feel at peace right now. I know it sounds weird to think that it is odd, but I really believe God is trying to really comfort me, and I believe that he will get me that job we have been praying so hard for.

So this brings up another issue.  I mentioned before that money has been an issue, so I decided a few nights ago, after getting advice from a spiritual brother, to set up a profile on gofundme.com.  This is a website that you can request money in any amount from people to help your cause.  You can request money to pay medical bills, see if people would be willing to help pay for tuition or help support people doing mission work, and such things.

If you have been following this blog at all, and my story has encouraged you, entertained you in any way, or just made you laugh or cry, I would really appreciate any help you would be willing to give.  There are days I look around this world and everyone enjoying life, going shopping, going out to dinner, buying things they don't really need, etc. Sometimes I feel envious of that because I really can't afford to do anything right now. Whatever isn't free, I usually have to pass on because I'm simply broke.

Please look at this website and you can donate any amount, not just the ones shown there.  I'm really hurting financially right now and either way, the next few weeks are going to necessitate that I have some money. I didn't know what amount to put in the "goal" area, so I just picked a number.  My donation site is http://www.gofundme.com/4e4hmg

If you have any questions or concerns, I also have a ask.fm website where you can anonymously ask me any appropriate questions.  That link is http://ask.fm/amerigerman

Thanks everyone for your continued support and love and prayers.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment