Sunday, September 29, 2013

Spectacular Sunny Saturday Sailing!

I mentioned on Friday that I had heard the Berlin Transit Authority BVG operates a boat on the Wannsee (a large lake) not far from where I live.  I decided to head out yesterday to take a little ride and WOW!, it was such a beautiful day.  It was only about 65 degrees, but it was sunny with puffy clouds in the sky.  It was incredible.  I felt so spoiled taking a free boat ride across the lake.  Back in May, I took a similar, but much longer boat ride and I had to pay 11 Euros (about $15) for it.  The weather on this trip was even nicer, and the boat had seating on the top of it which allowed you a 360 degree view of the lake and full access to sunshine!  I think I might try to do it again soon if the weather cooperates like that again!

Unfortunately, my camera is currently not working.  I really wish I could have taken pictures of the amazing weather and views.  Oh well, hopefully another time.

When I got home, I still had time to join the Skype call to some brothers in the states, which I had missed the first 3/4 of...  Oh well, it was still encouraging for my heart.

I know I have mentioned this before, but I am so blessed by the friendships God has given me here in this place.  I'm so happy to have men and women that believe in me and are fighting in their prayers for me.  Service was amazing today, got to have my favorite lunch today, Gyros at Mr. Gyros with a group of six... I feel so blessed.  I couldn't ask for more right now... well with the exception of a job.... :)

Have a great week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment