Friday, September 27, 2013

Snafus, Steamships and Sorrows

I went to the library today to spend some time with some people.  Not long before closing, Larry opened a small package. Apparently it was the spiritual book I ordered last week!  He wasn't able to see my name on it because it was covered with a sticker, but I was super excited that my book finally arrived. Unfortunately, Larry looked a bit perplexed.  I opened the package and looked at the book and it was the wrong one!!!  It was a romance novel!  I wasted $6 for nothing. May not sound like much to most people, but that is huge for me right now.  Gotta be honest, it was actually a little bit embarrassing, too.  Oh well, not the end of the world, and I can laugh about it now....

Also at the library, I was very encouraged when I was talking to someone who was there, he mentioned that the same company that provides bus and subway service in the city also has a steam ship that goes across the biggest lake in the area (that I know of anyway).  Since it's owned and run by the transit company that I have my monthly pass through, I can use that boat with my pass, so it doesn't cost me anything extra! The weather is supposed to be decent tomorrow (sunny but not too warm), so I am hoping to not only take the boat trip, but to go on a short walk/hike as well in the autumn foliage in the Grunewald, a very large forest southwest of Berlin. This is the area where I took the boat trip on May 1st. This is a different part of the lake and I'm very excited to see it on a steamer!

On a sad note, I just found out tonight about the death of another person I know.  Man, this is so crazy. There was definitely some major challenges in his life the past few years and I don't know what caused his death. This is so sad, I wish I knew more... Again, feeling a bit helpless at the moment.

***Please pray specifically that I can get a job this coming week at a company called CCC here in Berlin. This is really my last chance to stay. I would need to have a job offer before Thursday in order to stay in Berlin. Thanks for all your prayers and have a super weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment